the church has
The Church Has Left the Building
ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 7, WE’RE LEAVING
THE CHURCH TO GO OUT AND BE THE CHURCH.
That’s right...on December 7th, we won’t be having our normal Sunday services.
Instead, we’re going to start the day at 9:00 am with a short time of worship at Fairmont School (located at 735 Green Garden Place in Lockport).
Then we’ll roll up our sleeves and share the love of Jesus at the FISH Food Pantry, Shady Oaks Camp, and Fairmont School.
A new element of CHLTB 4.0 is that we're THRILLED to be partnering with several area churches to make a difference in our community. We can't wait to see what God's going to do!!
theology on tap
Theology on Tap
for 20s & 30s
Thursday, November 20 | 7:00 - 9:00 pm
Mullets in Homer Glen
(14903 S Bell Rd, Homer Glen, IL 60491)
Take your “Next Step” on Thursday, November 20 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm at Mullets in Homer Glen and start plugging into some of our core classes taught by some of Parkview’s pastors.
This learning experience is all about transformation. There are times when we all have the feeling that life isn’t what it should be but are unsure what to do about it. The best way to deal with this is to understand how Jesus can transform us through our everyday lives. We’ll give you some practical ways to start IMMEDIATELY entering into the life you’ve always wanted - the life God made you for.
Don’t miss this great opportunity to deepen your faith and learn how to become more like Jesus. (This session will count as Parkview's "After We Believe" class.)
Food and drinks will be available for purchase.
If you have any questions, please contact Jordy @ 708-478-7477. Ext. 284.
First 3 Wednesdays of the Month
7:00 - 9:00 pm | Lockport Campus
Parkview Students is our community for teens in Jr. High and High School, featuring awesome worship, inspiring teaching, and time to hang out with friends! We meet the first three Wednesdays of the month during the school year.
Join us at PARKVIEW STUDENTS MID-WEEK and don't forget to invite all your friends!!
For info about PARKVIEW STUDENTS, contact Chase Ahlfeld at 815-838-9080, Ext. 105.
jr. high retreat
Jr. High Retreat - "ALIVE"
Friday, Nov. 14 & Saturday, Nov. 15
Grand Bear Lodge, Utica, IL
All Jr. High students are invited to join us for ALIVE, our annual overnight experience that includes awesome worship, great teaching, and a whole lot of fun with friends at Starved Rock’s Grand Bear Lodge indoor amusement and waterpark!
We’ll leave the Orland Park Campus at 4:00 pm on Friday and return around 2:00 pm on Saturday.
REGISTRATION HAS NOW CLOSED. Please pray for all those who will be attending.
(If you would like to be placed on a waiting list in case there are cancellations, please call Kelly at 708-478-7477, Ext. 211.)
FORMS FOR JR. HIGH RETREAT:
- General Release Form (for leaders 18 and over)
- Consent for Treatment of a Minor (for students and leaders 17 and under)
- Financial Assistance Request
Questions? Contact Chelsea Robbins at 708-478-7477, Ext. 266.
SURVIVING THE HOLIDAYS
GriefShare & DivorceCare
No matter how long it’s been since your divorce or since your loved one passed away, the holidays can be a very painful time. The good news is that there is hope.
Please join us for an encouraging GriefShare or DivorceCare video that will help you survive the holidays and discover new reasons to enjoy them again. Join us for one of the following sessions:
Thursday, November 20 | 7:00 - 9:00 pm | Orland Campus
Monday, November 24 | 7:00 - 9:00 pm | Orland Campus
There will be an optional workbook available for $5.00.
If you have any questions, please call Jackie at 708-478-7477, Ext. 213.
Financial Peace University
Tuesdays, January 20 thru March 17, 2015
7:00 to 8:30 pm | Lockport Campus
Financial Peace University (FPU) is a 9-week life-changing program that teaches you to achieve your financial goals by eliminating debt, saving for the future, and giving like never before. The goal of Financial Peace University is not just information, but also transformation. Nearly 800,000 families have completed FPU with amazing results.
The cost for the 9-week program is $120 for individuals or married couples.
(Childcare is not available for this class.)
FPU PREVIEW NIGHT
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
7:00 to 8:30 pm | Orland Campus
Need more info before you sign up? Join us for the FPU PREVIEW NIGHT on TUESDAY, JANUARY 13 from 7:00 to 8:30 pm to review the materials and get your questions answered!
More About Financial Peace University
Powerful. Enlightening. Fun.
Class members meet with their class each week to watch a video lesson from world-renowned financial expert Dave Ramsey, and then participate in discussion groups. Dave's style is simple and easy to understand. He will change the way you think about money. You'll actually have fun as you learn!
The registration fee includes the course materials and a lifetime FPU membership, which allows you to attend a FPU class anytime, anywhere, at no extra charge.
Questions? Please contact John DeMarco at 708-655-1913.
what we believe
What We Believe Class
NEXT CLASS TBA
6:30 to 8:30 pm | Lockport Campus
The What We Believe class is a great way for you to become familiar with the mission and core values of Parkview Christian Church, and we’d love the opportunity to meet you, too!
Led by Pastor Brian Hunt, some of the topics covered include the basics of the Christian faith, our church history and structure, and what we believe about things like communion and baptism. Since this is also our membership class, we’ll talk about that, as well.
Childcare is available upon request and a light meal will be provided.
Questions? Please contact Joyce Renik at 815-838-9080.
living our beliefs
Living Our Beliefs Class
NEXT CLASS TBA
8:30 am to 12:30 pm | Lockport Campus
A light continental breakfast will be provided.
Did you know God wants to use your abilities, passions, and experiences to serve others, both at Parkview and beyond the church walls?
Join us for this core class experience where you will find out how God has designed you to play an active role in transforming the world. Led by Pastor Brian Hunt, this class will give you practical tools, tips, and some real-life opportunities to begin to change the world for Jesus!
No childcare is available.
Questions? Contact Joyce Renik at 815-838-9080.
after we believe
After We Believe Class
NEXT CLASS TBA
8:30 to 11:30 am | Lockport Campus
What is a relationship with God? We hear those words but what does it actually LOOK LIKE? More than that, what role do I play in a relationship with God?
This class is one of our core classes that will provide you with the tools you need to start and build on your relationship with God.
Learn about who you are, how to pray, and how to get involved with the Bible when it seems so incredibly hard to understand!
Childcare is NOT available for this class.
Questions? Contact Joyce Renik at 815-838-9080.
sponsor a child
Since 2005, when Christian Missionary Fellowship International (CMFi) first partnered with Missions of Hope International (MOHi), the child sponsorship program in Africa has quickly increased to over 10,000 children living in extreme poverty, and has also expanded into a remote tribal area in northern Kenya called Turkana.
Through our Cannonball initiative and partnership with CMFi and MOHi, Parkview continues to make a difference in the lives of Kenyan children living in Joska, Turkana, and the Mathare Valley. Recently, a 95-member Parkview team brought business, special needs, construction, self-defense, medical, and leadership training to Kenya, and your generosity has helped to build schools in Joska and Turkana. Also, Parkview families are currently sponsoring 683 Kenyan children.
WHY SPONSOR A CHILD? While much has been done, there is so much more to do. Through sponsorship, you can have a direct, profound, and personal impact on the life of a child. Your donations will ensure that your child has nourishing food, clean water, medical care, excellent education, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
HERE’S WHAT IT TAKES TO CHANGE A LIFE:
Turkana or Mathare Valley (Elementary School)
Joska Girls Boarding School or Ndovoini Boys
Boarding School (Jr. High & High School)
Please come prepared to make a commitment to sponsor a child with a check, debit card, or credit card.
MISSION TRIP CALENDAR
Following is our current schedule of Parkview Mission Trips.
For some trips, registration has closed but they are listed so that the Parkview family can be in prayer for our teams as they serve people and bring the Good News to the ends of the earth.
Questions? Please contact Caitlin McNeil at 708-478-7477, Ext. 222.
Vida Nueva Cancun Church Plant
January 18-25, 2015
For more info, visit the CANCUN 2015 webpage.
Kenya Business Team
February 26 to March 9, 2015
For more info, visit the KENYA BUSINESS 2015 webpage.
Piedras Negras, Mexico
March 1-8, 2015
For more info, visit the PIEDRAS NEGRAS 2015 webpage.
April 14-21, 2015
For more info, visit the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 2015 webpage.
Indonesia Medical Trip
April 18-30, 2015
For more info, visit the INDONESIA 2015 webpage.
Fridays @ 7:00 pm @ the Orland Park Campus
The purpose of Parkview’s Celebrate Recovery is to become free from our hurts, habits, and hang-ups through an in-depth step study program and God’s healing power in our lives. This occurs through study, action and commitment to Jesus Christ as we understand the eight recovery principles (based on the Beatitudes in Matthew) and the 12 steps with their Biblical comparisons. As we apply these principles to our lives, we begin to grow spiritually and become free from our addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviors.
During Celebrate Recovery, we enjoy praise and worship, followed by a lesson or testimony from one of our members. The fellowship and trust that develops between attendees is a miracle of God’s Grace.
If you have questions about Celebrate Recovery, please contact us in confidence at CR@parkviewchurch.com or call 708-478-7477, Ext. 240.
- Newcomers Group - for men first timers
- Newcomers Group - for women first timers
- Chemical Dependency - for men (AA, NA)
- Chemical Dependency - women (AA, NA)
- Codependency - for women (ALANON, ACOA, CODA)
- Sexual purity issues - for men
- Mixed Share Group - for men (Anger, gambling, food, etc.)
- Mixed Share Group - for women (Anger, gambling, food, etc.)
Twelve Steps and their Biblical Comparisons
- We admitted we were powerless over our addictions and compulsive behavior, that our lives had become unmanageable. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is; in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. Romans 7:18
- We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. For it is God who is at work in you to will and to act according to His good purpose. Philippians 2:13
- We made a decision to turn our lives and our wills over to the care of God. Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Romans 12:1
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord. Lamentations 3:40
- We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs." Therefore, confess your sins to each other, and pray for each other, so that you may be healed. James 5:16a
- We are entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:10
- We humbly asked Him to remove all our shortcomings. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
- We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all. Do to others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31
- We made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift. Matthew 5:23-24
- We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it. So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you do not fall. 1 Corinthians 10:12
- We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out. Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly. Colossians 3:16a
- Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs. Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you may also be tempted. Galatians 6:1
Welcome to the Senior Connections Ministry
The Senior Connections Ministry (Formerly Triple A) at Parkview is the conduit for adults ages 60 and above to stay connected with others in a spirit-nurturing environment that fosters each member's God-given purpose.
Through active ministry in the church, bible studies, and service projects, Parkview's 60+ population engages in purposeful ministry and growth through a meaningful relationship with Jesus and with one another. If you are interested in being a part of this fun-loving group and want to share your love for the Lord, we would like to have you join us!!
ITALIAN FIESTA: Friday, November 14 from 10:45 am to 1:30 pm | Orland Campus
November is a great time for an "Italian Fiesta". Join us for a great Italian meal provided by Polonia, along with a visit by "President Roosevelt". The cost is $10 per person payable at the door.
RSVP by Tuesday, November 11 at 708-478-7477, Ext 272.
WEEKLY BIBLE STUDY: Thursdays at 9:00 AM at Smith Crossing (on 183rd St., east of Parkview).
For more information about the Senior Connection events, please contact Mary O'Loughlin at 708-687-5111.