Single Parenting that Works
Mondays from September 15 - October 27
7:00 to 8:30 pm | Lockport Campus
Being a parent is challenging enough. Being a single parent can seem downright impossible.
But this class based on Dr. Kevin Leman's book Single Parenting that Work, brings help and hope to single parents who desire to raise happy, healthy, well-adjusted children in a loving, caring, and biblically grounded way.
Dr. Leman shows parents how to build healthy, mature relationships with their former spouses, how to develop their children's self-esteem, and how to relate to their kids and discipline them in accordance with their unique, God-given personalities.
The cost is $10.00 for materials.
REGISTRATION COMING SOON!
For more information or to request childcare, please contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short-Term Mission Trips 101
Wednesday, September 10 at 7:00 pm
Lockport Campus | 1463 S. Farrell Road, Lockport
The Short-Term Mission Trips 101 class will introduce you to Parkview mission trips - local, domestic, and international.
During the class, we will walk through the basic guidelines, philosophies, and biblical principles of all Parkview mission trips.
You will learn why Parkview does missions, the different types of sponsored trips, and also specific details about what it takes to be a participant or leader of a Parkview mission trip.
This is a mandatory class for everyone who plans to participate in any Parkview-sponsored mission trip.
Questions? Please contact Caitlin McNeil at 708-478-7477, Ext. 222.
ELEVATE KICK-OFF BBQ!
Wednesday, August 27
7:00 - 9:00 pm | Lockport Campus
ELEVATE is Parkview’s community for teens in Jr. High and High School, featuring awesome worship, inspiring teaching, and time to hang out with friends! ELEVATE meets the first three Wednesdays of the month during the school year.
Join us at ELEVATE and don't forget to invite all your friends!!
For information about ELEVATE, please contact Chase Ahlfeld at 815-838-9080, Ext. 105.
TIM HAWKINS @ PARKVIEW!
Sunday, September 28
7:00 pm at the Orland Park Campus
(Doors open at 6:30 pm)
$22 in advance ($20 for 10+) | $25 at the door
Premium Admission: (Reserved Seating)
$32 in advance ($30 for 10+) | $35 at the door
Want clean comedy with an edge? Returning to Parkview for one show only, Tim Hawkins brings the funny! Hawkins has become one of the most in-demand comics in the country. His arsenal is unique: high energy stand-up, physical comedy, slick guitar skills, and a thousand faces and voices. It all combines to create an insane comedy experience.
And yes, the guy can really sing!
Questions? Contact Karyn Purvis at 708-478-7477, Ext. 212.
Financial Peace University
Tuesdays, September 23 thru November 18
7:00 to 8:30 pm in the South Conference Room
Financial Peace University (FPU) is a 9-week life-changing program that teaches you to achieve your financial goals by eliminating debt, saving for the future, and giving like never before. The goal of Financial Peace University is not just information, but also transformation. Nearly 800,000 families have completed FPU with amazing results.
The cost for the 9-week program is $120 for individuals or married couples.
(Childcare is not available for this class.)
FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY PREVIEW NIGHT
If you would like more information before you sign up, join us for the FPU PREVIEW NIGHT on Tuesday, September 16 from 7:00 to 8:30 pm to review the materials and get your questions answered.
More About Financial Peace University
Powerful. Enlightening. Fun.
Class members meet with their class each week to watch a video lesson from world-renowned financial expert Dave Ramsey, and then participate in discussion groups. Dave's style is simple and easy to understand. He will change the way you think about money. You'll actually have fun as you learn!
The registration fee includes the course materials and a lifetime FPU membership, which allows you to attend a FPU class anytime, anywhere, at no extra charge.
Questions? Please contact John DeMarco at 708-655-1913.
what we believe
What We Believe Class
Wednesday, August 13
6:30 to 8:30 pm | Lockport Campus
The What We Believe class is a great way for you to become familiar with the mission and core values of Parkview Christian Church, and we’d love the opportunity to meet you, too!
Led by Pastor Brian Hunt, some of the topics covered include the basics of the Christian faith, our church history and structure, and what we believe about things like communion and baptism. Since this is also our membership class, we’ll talk about that, as well.
Childcare is available upon request and a light meal will be provided.
- Monday, September 22 | 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 12 | 6:30 to 8:30 pm
Questions? Please contact Joyce Renik at 815-838-9080.
living our beliefs
Living Our Beliefs Class
Saturday, October 25
8:30 am to 12:30 pm | Lockport Campus
A light continental breakfast will be provided.
Did you know God wants to use your abilities, passions, and experiences to serve others, both at Parkview and beyond the church walls?
Join us for this core class experience where you will find out how God has designed you to play an active role in transforming the world. Led by Pastor Brian Hunt, this class will give you practical tools, tips, and some real-life opportunities to begin to change the world for Jesus!
No childcare is available.
Questions? Contact Joyce Renik at 815-838-9080.
after we believe
After We Believe Class
Saturday, October 11
8:30 to 11:30 am | Lockport Campus
What is a relationship with God? We hear those words but what does it actually LOOK LIKE? More than that, what role do I play in a relationship with God?
This class is one of our core classes that will provide you with the tools you need to start and build on your relationship with God.
Learn about who you are, how to pray, and how to get involved with the Bible when it seems so incredibly hard to understand!
Childcare is NOT available for this class.
Questions? Contact Joyce Renik at 815-838-9080.
designing your legacy
Living Trust Seminar
Saturday, October 25
1:00 to 3:00 pm | Lockport Campus
Learn from experts how to establish your living trust. No pressure! No commitments! No cost!
DESIGNING YOUR LEGACY ALLOWS YOU TO...
- Pass on your values. Preparing for the future reflects good stewardship and protects the things that mean the most to you.
- Save yourself and your beneficiaries time and money. Establishing a living trust may lower your estate taxes and will eliminate probate. On average, this saves your loved ones 9 months to 2 years and $16,000 to $60,000 in probate alone.
- Have peace of mind. In your legacy plan, you can ensure your desires on medical decisions, guardianship of your minor children, and distribution of your valuables will be fulfilled. Your instructions are legally binding and guaranteed to be followed.
FINANCIAL PLANNING MINISTRY provides estate planning services, including the creation of wills and trusts. Serving the Christian Community for over 25 years, FPM provides stewardship and estate planning seminars and assists individuals in the creation of their personal Estate Plan.
Questions? Please contact Parkview Christian Church at 708-478-7477.
sponsor a child
Since 2005, when Christian Missionary Fellowship International (CMFi) first partnered with Missions of Hope International (MOHi), the child sponsorship program in Africa has quickly increased to over 10,000 children living in extreme poverty, and has also expanded into a remote tribal area in northern Kenya called Turkana.
Through our Cannonball initiative and partnership with CMFi and MOHi, Parkview continues to make a difference in the lives of Kenyan children living in Joska, Turkana, and the Mathare Valley. Recently, a 95-member Parkview team brought business, special needs, construction, self-defense, medical, and leadership training to Kenya, and your generosity has helped to build schools in Joska and Turkana. Also, Parkview families are currently sponsoring 683 Kenyan children.
WHY SPONSOR A CHILD? While much has been done, there is so much more to do. Through sponsorship, you can have a direct, profound, and personal impact on the life of a child. Your donations will ensure that your child has nourishing food, clean water, medical care, excellent education, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
HERE’S WHAT IT TAKES TO CHANGE A LIFE:
Turkana or Mathare Valley (Elementary School)
Joska Girls Boarding School or Ndovoini Boys
Boarding School (Jr. High & High School)
Please come prepared to make a commitment to sponsor a child with a check, debit card, or credit card.
MISSION TRIP CALENDAR
Following is our current schedule of Parkview Mission Trips.
For some trips, registration has closed but they are listed so that the Parkview family can be in prayer for our teams as they serve people and bring the Good News to the ends of the earth.
Questions? Please contact Caitlin McNeil at 708-478-7477, Ext. 222.
There are currently no trips scheduled. As trips are being organized, they will be posted here.
Fridays @ 7:00 pm @ the Orland Park Campus
The purpose of Parkview’s Celebrate Recovery is to become free from our hurts, habits, and hang-ups through an in-depth step study program and God’s healing power in our lives. This occurs through study, action and commitment to Jesus Christ as we understand the eight recovery principles (based on the Beatitudes in Matthew) and the 12 steps with their Biblical comparisons. As we apply these principles to our lives, we begin to grow spiritually and become free from our addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviors.
During Celebrate Recovery, we enjoy praise and worship, followed by a lesson or testimony from one of our members. The fellowship and trust that develops between attendees is a miracle of God’s Grace.
If you have questions about Celebrate Recovery, please contact us in confidence at CR@parkviewchurch.com or call 708-478-7477, Ext. 240.
- Newcomers Group - for men first timers
- Newcomers Group - for women first timers
- Chemical Dependency - for men (AA, NA)
- Chemical Dependency - women (AA, NA)
- Codependency - for women (ALANON, ACOA, CODA)
- Sexual purity issues - for men
- Mixed Share Group - for men (Anger, gambling, food, etc.)
- Mixed Share Group - for women (Anger, gambling, food, etc.)
Twelve Steps and their Biblical Comparisons
- We admitted we were powerless over our addictions and compulsive behavior, that our lives had become unmanageable. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is; in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. Romans 7:18
- We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. For it is God who is at work in you to will and to act according to His good purpose. Philippians 2:13
- We made a decision to turn our lives and our wills over to the care of God. Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Romans 12:1
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord. Lamentations 3:40
- We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs." Therefore, confess your sins to each other, and pray for each other, so that you may be healed. James 5:16a
- We are entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:10
- We humbly asked Him to remove all our shortcomings. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
- We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all. Do to others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31
- We made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift. Matthew 5:23-24
- We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it. So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you do not fall. 1 Corinthians 10:12
- We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out. Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly. Colossians 3:16a
- Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs. Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you may also be tempted. Galatians 6:1
Welcome to the Senior Connections Ministry
The Senior Connections Ministry (Formerly Triple A) at Parkview is the conduit for adults ages 60 and above to stay connected with others in a spirit-nurturing environment that fosters each member's God-given purpose.
Through active ministry in the church, bible studies, and service projects, Parkview's 60+ population engages in purposeful ministry and growth through a meaningful relationship with Jesus and with one another. If you are interested in being a part of this fun-loving group and want to share your love for the Lord, we would like to have you join us!!
SENIOR LUAU: Friday, September 12 from 10:45 to 1:30 pm | Orland Campus
Let’s get started! Come for fun and food! Wear your Hawaiian shirt and brightest skirt and enjoy a " LUAU" lunch on our pretend beach. The cost will be $10.00 per person. We’ll also enjoy a vocal presentation by ROXANNE ANZELONE.
Please RSVP by Tuesday, September 9 at 708-478-7477, Ext. 272.
WEEKLY BIBLE STUDY: Thursdays at 9:00 AM at Smith Crossing (on 183rd St., east of Parkview).
For more information about the Senior Connection events, please contact Mary O'Loughlin at 708-687-5111.