Financial Peace University
Tuesdays, January 20 thru March 17, 2015
7:00 to 8:30 pm | Lockport Campus
Financial Peace University (FPU) is a 9-week life-changing program that teaches you to achieve your financial goals by eliminating debt, saving for the future, and giving like never before. The goal of Financial Peace University is not just information, but also transformation. Nearly 800,000 families have completed FPU with amazing results.
The cost for the 9-week program is $120 for individuals or married couples.
(Childcare is not available for this class.)
REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED FOR THIS CLASS.
More About Financial Peace University
Powerful. Enlightening. Fun.
Class members meet with their class each week to watch a video lesson from world-renowned financial expert Dave Ramsey, and then participate in discussion groups. Dave's style is simple and easy to understand. He will change the way you think about money. You'll actually have fun as you learn!
The registration fee includes the course materials and a lifetime FPU membership, which allows you to attend a FPU class anytime, anywhere, at no extra charge.
Questions? Please contact John DeMarco at 708-655-1913.
First 3 Wednesdays of the Month
7:00 - 9:00 pm | Lockport Campus
Parkview Students is our community for teens in Jr. High and High School, featuring awesome worship, inspiring teaching, and time to hang out with friends! We meet the first three Wednesdays of the month during the school year.
Join us at PARKVIEW STUDENTS MID-WEEK and don't forget to invite all your friends!!
For info about PARKVIEW STUDENTS, contact Chase Ahlfeld at 815-838-9080, Ext. 105.
jr. high believe
Jr. High Believe
Friday, March 27 & Saturday, March 28, 2015
Prairie Capital Convention Center, Springfield, IL
Jr. High Believe is a high-energy weekend, packed with powerful worship, intense drama, teaching from God’s Word, and interactive experiences to get to know other students. This year’s Believe tour will explore the life of David. As David shows us, being AFTER God is a lifestyle – it takes commitment every moment of every day. David was prepared for the bigger tasks in God’s Kingdom because he had faithfully been after God in the small tasks of his every-day life. And we are no different.
The cost is $125 for students ($150 after Friday, February 20) and $75 for leaders. (Students will need extra money for one fast food meal on the way home, as well as money for snacks and merchandise at Believe, if desired.) The deadline to register is Friday, March 6.
We'll leave from Parkview's Orland Campus on Friday, March 27 at 1:00 pm, and return to Parkview on Saturday, March 28 at 9:00 pm.
BELIEVE 2015 MANDATORY FORMS
- General Release Form (for leaders 18 and over)
- Consent for Treatment of a Minor (for students and leaders 17 and under)
TRIP INFORMATION (for every family)
Questions? Contact Chelsea Robbins at 708-478-7477, Ext. 266.
HS Breakaway 2015
Friday, Feb. 13 - Sunday, Feb. 15, 2015
Glacier Canyon Lodge in the Wisconsin Dells
Student Cost: $189.00
Do you ever wonder why you're here, or ask yourself "What am I supposed to do with my life"? Do you wish you had a deeper connection with God?
If that describes you, you definitely don't want to miss Breakaway, our annual HS Winter Retreat!
The theme this year is “Praxis - Putting God’s Big Ideas into Practice.” Our guest speaker is Drew Moore, high school pastor at Canyon Ridge Christian Church in Las Vegas, and worship will be led by some amazing Parkview musicians!
We will leave from the Orland Park Campus on Friday at 1:00 pm and will return on Sunday at 5:00 pm.
The deadline to register is Wednesday, January 28 so register today!
If you are interested in volunteering as a leader for this trip, please fill out the application and someone from Parkview Students will be in touch. Thanks!
Forms for HS BREAKAWAY Winter Retreat:
- General Release Form (for everyone 18 and older)
- Consent for Treatment of a Minor (for students)
- Financial Assistance Request
- Early Dismissal Letter
Questions? Contact Chelsea at 708-478-7477, Ext. 266.
20s & 30s Study
The Christian Atheist
Thursdays, January 8 - February 5
6:45 - 8:30 pm | Orland Campus
In this Bible study based on the book by Pastor Craig Groeschel, we will be led on a personal journey toward an authentic, God-honoring life by taking an honest, hard-hitting, and eye-opening look into the ways people believe in God but live as if He doesn’t exist.
We believe in God, attend church when it’s convenient, and we generally treat people with kindness. But, have we surrendered to God completely, living every day depending upon the Holy Spirit? During this FREE 5-week study, we will be encouraged to be more than just “Christian” in name only, but to be honest before God, and to break free of hypocrisy to live a more authentic, God-honoring life.
Sessions include When You Believe in God But: 1) Don’t Really Know Him; 2) Don’t Think He’s Fair; 3) Aren’t Sure He Loves You; 4) Trust More in Money; and 5) Pursue Happiness at Any Cost.
Questions? Contact Jordan Ilg at 708-478-7477, Ext. 284.
by Christine Caine
Christine Caine is no superhero. She is just like you and she is changing the world.
Using her own dramatic life story, Christine shows how God rescued her from a life in which she was unnamed, unwanted and unqualified. She overcame abuse, abandonment, fears and other challenges to go on a mission of adventure fueled by faith.
This compelling Bible study offers life transforming insights about how to not only overcome the challenges and often painful circumstances we all experience, but to actually grow from those experiences and be equipped and empowered to help others.
The cost for the women’s study is $10.00 ($5.00 if you already have the Undaunted workbook by Christine Caine)
Wednesday mornings starting January 21
9:30 to 11:00 am | Orland Park Campus
Thursday evenings starting January 22
7:00 to 8:30 pm | Orland Park Campus
(Childcare is now full.)
Not sure if this group is right for you?
You can join us for the first session for …FREE
If you are not sure about this whole groups thing, come and try it out. At the very least, you’ll meet some really cool women!
Just join us on Wednesday January 21 at 9:30 am or Thursday January 22 at 7:00 pm. No registration, No cost, No risk.
Questions? Please contact Leslie Piscia at 708-478-7477, Ext. 269.
And don’t forget to bring a friend because everything is more fun with a girlfriend!!
what we believe
What We Believe Class
Monday, February 2
6:30 to 8:30 pm | Lockport Campus
The What We Believe class is a great way for you to become familiar with the mission and core values of Parkview Christian Church, and we’d love the opportunity to meet you, too!
Led by Pastor Brian Hunt, some of the topics covered include the basics of the Christian faith, our church history and structure, and what we believe about things like communion and baptism. Since this is also our membership class, we’ll talk about that, as well.
Childcare is available upon request and a light meal will be provided.
- Wednesday, March 18 | 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Monday, April 13 | 6:30 to 8:30 pm
Questions? Please contact Joyce Renik at 815-838-9080.
after we believe
After We Believe Class
Saturday, February 7
8:30 to 11:30 am | Lockport Campus
What is a relationship with God? We hear those words but what does it actually LOOK LIKE? More than that, what role do I play in a relationship with God?
This class is one of our core classes that will provide you with the tools you need to start and build on your relationship with God.
Learn about who you are, how to pray, and how to get involved with the Bible when it seems so incredibly hard to understand!
Childcare is NOT available for this class.
Saturday, April 18 | 8:30 to 11:30 am
Questions? Contact Joyce Renik at 815-838-9080.
living our beliefs
Living Our Beliefs Class
Saturday, February 14
8:30 am to 12:30 pm | Lockport Campus
A light continental breakfast will be provided.
Did you know God wants to use your abilities, passions, and experiences to serve others, both at Parkview and beyond the church walls?
Join us for this core class experience where you will find out how God has designed you to play an active role in transforming the world. Led by Pastor Brian Hunt, this class will give you practical tools, tips, and some real-life opportunities to begin to change the world for Jesus!
No childcare is available.
Saturday, April 25 | 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Questions? Contact Joyce Renik at 815-838-9080.
sponsor a child
Since 2005, when Christian Missionary Fellowship International (CMFi) first partnered with Missions of Hope International (MOHi), the child sponsorship program in Africa has quickly increased to over 10,000 children living in extreme poverty, and has also expanded into a remote tribal area in northern Kenya called Turkana.
Through our Cannonball initiative and partnership with CMFi and MOHi, Parkview continues to make a difference in the lives of Kenyan children living in Joska, Turkana, and the Mathare Valley. Recently, a 95-member Parkview team brought business, special needs, construction, self-defense, medical, and leadership training to Kenya, and your generosity has helped to build schools in Joska and Turkana. Also, Parkview families are currently sponsoring 683 Kenyan children.
WHY SPONSOR A CHILD? While much has been done, there is so much more to do. Through sponsorship, you can have a direct, profound, and personal impact on the life of a child. Your donations will ensure that your child has nourishing food, clean water, medical care, excellent education, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
HERE’S WHAT IT TAKES TO CHANGE A LIFE:
Turkana or Mathare Valley (Elementary School)
Joska Girls Boarding School or Ndovoini Boys
Boarding School (Jr. High & High School)
Please come prepared to make a commitment to sponsor a child with a check, debit card, or credit card.
MISSION TRIP CALENDAR
Following is our current schedule of Parkview Mission Trips.
For some trips, registration has closed but they are listed so that team members can continue to raise funds, and so the Parkview family can be in prayer for our teams as they serve people and bring the Good News to the ends of the earth.
Questions? Please contact Caitlin McNeil at 708-478-7477, Ext. 222.
Vida Nueva Cancun Church Plant
January 18-25, 2015
Kenya Business Team
February 26 to March 9, 2015
Piedras Negras, Mexico
March 1-8, 2015
April 14-21, 2015
Indonesia Medical Trip
April 18-30, 2015
Oblong Children's Christian Home
Trip 1: May 15-17, 2015
Trip 2: October 2-4, 2015
June 11-23, 2015
June 11-23, 2015
July 8-20, 2015
July 30-August 10, 2015
Kenya Special Needs
October 23-November 2, 2015
November 27-December 6, 2015
Fridays @ 7:00 pm @ the Orland Park Campus
The purpose of Parkview’s Celebrate Recovery is to become free from our hurts, habits, and hang-ups through an in-depth step study program and God’s healing power in our lives. This occurs through study, action and commitment to Jesus Christ as we understand the eight recovery principles (based on the Beatitudes in Matthew) and the 12 steps with their Biblical comparisons. As we apply these principles to our lives, we begin to grow spiritually and become free from our addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviors.
During Celebrate Recovery, we enjoy praise and worship, followed by a lesson or testimony from one of our members. The fellowship and trust that develops between attendees is a miracle of God’s Grace.
If you have questions about Celebrate Recovery, please contact us in confidence at CR@parkviewchurch.com or call 708-478-7477, Ext. 240.
- Newcomers Group - for men first timers
- Newcomers Group - for women first timers
- Chemical Dependency - for men (AA, NA)
- Chemical Dependency - women (AA, NA)
- Codependency - for women (ALANON, ACOA, CODA)
- Sexual purity issues - for men
- Mixed Share Group - for men (Anger, gambling, food, etc.)
- Mixed Share Group - for women (Anger, gambling, food, etc.)
Twelve Steps and their Biblical Comparisons
- We admitted we were powerless over our addictions and compulsive behavior, that our lives had become unmanageable. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is; in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. Romans 7:18
- We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. For it is God who is at work in you to will and to act according to His good purpose. Philippians 2:13
- We made a decision to turn our lives and our wills over to the care of God. Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Romans 12:1
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord. Lamentations 3:40
- We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs." Therefore, confess your sins to each other, and pray for each other, so that you may be healed. James 5:16a
- We are entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:10
- We humbly asked Him to remove all our shortcomings. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
- We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all. Do to others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31
- We made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift. Matthew 5:23-24
- We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it. So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you do not fall. 1 Corinthians 10:12
- We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out. Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly. Colossians 3:16a
- Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs. Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you may also be tempted. Galatians 6:1
Welcome to the Senior Connections Ministry
The Senior Connections Ministry at Parkview is the conduit for adults ages 60 and above to stay connected with others in a spirit-nurturing environment that fosters each member's God-given purpose.
Through active ministry in the church, bible studies, and service projects, Parkview's 60+ population engages in purposeful ministry and growth through a meaningful relationship with Jesus and with one another. If you are interested in being a part of this fun-loving group and want to share your love for the Lord, we would like to have you join us!!
WEEKLY BIBLE STUDY
Thursdays at 9:00 AM at Smith Crossing (on 183rd St., east of Parkview).
LUNCH & LEARN 2015
For more information about the Senior Connection events, please contact Mary O'Loughlin at 708-687-5111.
Don't forget to like us on facebook!