Mandatory missions class
Saturday, January 13 at 9:00 am
The Alley | Orland Park Campus
During this class, you will learn why Parkview does missions, the different types of sponsored trips, and also specific details about what it takes to be a participant or leader of a Parkview mission trip.
This is a mandatory class for everyone who plans to participate in any Parkview-sponsored mission trip.
Relief for Houston
February Mission Trip
Houston Mission Trip
Sunday, February 4 - Saturday, February 10
We will be taking a group of professional tradespeople down to help families connected to Ecclesia Church who were affected by Hurricane Harvey.
The group will drive down together and share transportation costs. Housing and some meals will be provided by Ecclesia Church. The trip departs from the Parkview Orland Park Campus early morning on Sunday, February 4 and will return Saturday, February 10.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Crystal Boehm at 708-478-7477, Ext. 253.
Cancun Mission Trip
Vida Nueva Cancun Church Plant
January 21-28, 2018
The Parkview team will be working with Vida Nueva Ministry (VNM) to continue with construction projects at the church plant in the Cancun area, several blocks inland from the tourist hotels.
Jair and Norma Castillo have worked in Piedras Negras since 1974 upon Jair's graduation from Dallas Christian College. After seeing the desperate conditions of the Ejido village children, God lead them to start a ministry to help break the vicious cycle of poverty and self abandonment in which children lived. This happened at the end of 1987 when, with God’s help through the team effort of key individuals, VNM was created.
VNM directs such ministries as food distribution, health care, child care, education, worship, recreation, vocational skills training, church planting, and church leadership training programs. All of these programs serve to connect people with Christ so that He can bring them hope and freedom from the vicious cycle of poverty and spiritual emptiness from which many suffer.
THIS TRIP IS NOW FULL. Please pray for those who will be serving!
2018 Missions Trip
February 24 - March 3, 2018
Geared toward Veritas (Parkview's 20s & 30s)
In 2014, Parkview took their first 20s & 30s trip to the Dominican Republic to serve with G.O. Ministries in Santiago, a ministry that supports pastors and Christian workers who facilitate churches, medical clinics, dormitories for teams, sports outreach, ongoing training, nutrition centers, and Christian schools. G.O. Ministries believes in raising up local leaders to better their community.
In February, 2018, Parkview will be sending another team to Santiago to continue to help the Central Church further its ministry in the community. The focus of the work will be children's ministry and construction.
This trip is now full. Please pray for those who will be serving!
Kenya Mission Trip
June 21 - July 2, 2018
Missions of Hope International (MoHI) is working in the Mathare Slums of Nairobi, Kenya and has extended their ministry into other regions of Kenya. Their focus is to share the love of Jesus Christ by bringing holistic, sustainable, and long term solutions to the impoverished residents of Kenya. Through their work, MoHI is seeing a transformation among the communities. One by one individuals are seeing ways out of the trap of poverty. Family by family, community by community lives are being improved and people are able to look into the future with hope.
The Parkview team will be working with MoHI to serve the communities of Pangani (right next to Nairobi) and Napuu, Turkana (a northern region of Kenya). Our teams will be facilitating VBS in both regions and doing outreach programs to further MoHI’s ministry.
- General Requirements
- Social / Emotional Requirements
- Financial Requirements
- Recommended Immunizations
- Prescriptions / Medications
- Registration / Payment Information
- Must have valid U.S. Passport.
- Must have completed Discover Parkview class.
- Must have completed Parkview's Mission 101 Class.
- Must be a regular attendee or member of Parkview Christian Church.
- You will be part of a team and will be expected to participate in all activities and assignments.
- You must be able to follow the instructions of our hosts and leaders without question.
- Flexibility is a must. Plans are subject to change for a variety of reasons.
- You will be working in a different and highly sensitive culture. You must be comfortable with their culture and respectful of their ways, even when you don't agree with them.
- You are required to cover the entire cost of the trip (approximately $2,700), which includes airfare, ground transportation (on mission field), lodging, and food (except enroute to/from destination). Upon approval, a non-refundable deposit of $150 is required by February 9, 2018.
- The cost of airfare ($1,300) is due by February 23, 2018.
- You are required to cover any personal costs during the trip. This includes snacks or meals enroute, drinks, souvenirs, etc.
- You are required to cover additional expenses you may incur such as passport costs and immunizations.
- For info on recommended immunizations, please visit the CDC Travelers' Health Website.
- Meloquine or Malorone for Malaria
- The cost of the trip is approximately $2,700. (Please note that the cost is subject to change due fluctuating prices of travel.)
- Complete the ONLINE APPLICATION by February 9, 2018.
- Upon completion of your application, you will be contacted for an interview by one of the trip leaders or Missions Department staff.
- Upon approval, your non-refundable deposit of $150 will be due.
- You will not be considered a participant of the trip until your deposit is received. If the trip fills up before the deposit is received, then you are not guaranteed a spot.
- The amount of your airfare ($1,300) must be in your account by February 23, 2018.
- Final payment for the trip is due by May 21, 2018.
Special Needs Trip
March 2 - 14, 2018
Share your love for others and join Parkview as we partner with Missions of Hope International (MOHi) to spread the love of Christ to individuals with special needs living in the Mathare Valley in Nairobi, Kenya.
No specialized skills or credentials necessary, just a desire to serve others. On this trip, the team will lead students of MOHi in VBS, visit homes of individuals with special needs within the community, host a day of special games for the school children, and assist in a light service project. It’s a great opportunity to see how the special needs community of the Mathare Valley has changed since the first special needs team visited 5 years ago!
This trip is now full - please pray for those who will be serving!