Mandatory missions class
Check back for next class date.
During this class, you will learn why Parkview does missions, the different types of sponsored trips, and also specific details about what it takes to be a participant or leader of a Parkview mission trip.
This is a mandatory class for everyone who plans to participate in any Parkview-sponsored mission trip.
February 2019 Mission Trip
February 16 - 23, 2019
Geared toward Veritas (Parkview's 20s & 30s)
In 2014, Parkview took their first 20s & 30s trip to the Dominican Republic to serve with G.O. Ministries in Santiago, a ministry that supports local leaders (pastors and Christian workers) who facilitate churches, medical clinics, dormitories for teams, sports outreach, ongoing training, nutrition centers, and Christian schools. G.O. Ministries believes in raising up local leaders to better their community.
In February 2019, Parkview will be sending another team to Santiago to continue to help the Central Church further its ministry in the community. The focus of the work will be children's ministry and construction. This trip is geared toward the 20s and 30s age group however is not exclusive.
- General Requirements
- Social / Emotional Requirements
- Financial Requirements
- Recommended Immunizations
- Registration / Payment Information
- Must have valid U.S. Passport.
- Must be a regular attendee or member of Parkview Christian Church.
- Must be a committed/professed Christian.
- Must have completed Parkview's Missions 101 Class.
- You will be part of a team and will be expected to participate in all activities and assignments.
- You must be able to follow the instructions of our hosts and leaders without question.
- Flexibility is a must. Plans are subject to change for a variety of reasons.
- You will be working in a different and highly sensitive culture. You must be comfortable with their culture and respectful of their ways, even when you don't agree with them.
- You are required to cover the entire cost of the trip ($2,195), which includes airfare, ground transportation, lodging, and meals. A non-refundable deposit of $150 is required with your application. The deadline for the application/deposit is October 20, 2018.
- You are required to cover any personal costs during the trip. This includes snacks or meals enroute, drinks, souvenirs, etc. You are required to cover additional expenses you may incur such as passport costs and immunizations.
- Fundraising for all mission trips is encouraged (but not mandatory) as a way to broaden your missions experience and bless others. If your fundraising efforts result in raising funds in addition to the expected trip costs, additional funds will be used for any unexpected costs for your trip. Beyond that, additional funds will be used for missions at Parkview.
- Hepatitis A / Tetanus
- The cost of the trip $2,195.
- Upon completion of your online application, you will be contacted for an interview by one of the trip leaders or Missions Department staff.
- Your application, along with a non-refundable deposit of $150, is due October 20, 2018.
- The amount of your airfare ($1,050) must be in your account by November 1, 2018.
- Final payment for the trip is due by January 16, 2019.
Questions? Please contact Caitlin Courtney at 708-478-7477, Ext. 222.